2020 Tia M.M. Hegstad

Tia M.M. Hegstad
from Edinburgh, Scotland, currently living in Moss, Norway.


All I could think of when I heard the theme for this year, brilliance, was diamonds.  I love the way prisms and crystals catch the light and radiate different colours, so I decided to make my paper pieced diamond (my own design) colourful.  The flames from within are bursting out from the top of the diamond, and I found some lovely sequins and crystals in my stash which I used to embellish them.  The background fabric was one I was given that I never thought I'd find a use for, due to the gold flecks, but I think it works well here.

I woke up at 2.48 am on Tuesday the 7th of April and came up with the first line of my poem- that's why the moon was shining.  I'd written the rest by 2.56 am.


My Project Journey

Idea sparking,
Ember glowing,
Flame igniting, 
Brilliance forming.

Machine sewing,
Fabric joining,
Crochet stitching,
Shape appearing.

Artwork framing,
Diamond glinting,
Flames burning,
Brilliance growing.

Moon shining,
Corona threatening,
Hand writing,
Poem flowing.

Completion.










                                  









 

1 comment:

  1. I love your fiery diamond! A beautiful depiction of the brilliance of diamonds and their fire within!

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.