2021 Tia M.M. Hegstad

 Tia M.M. Hegstad

from Edinburgh, Scotland, currently living in Moss, Norway


Edinburgh Castle

As soon as I saw this year's theme, I knew I had to do Edinburgh Castle, as it symbolizes home for me.  I was going to do a fireworks display in the night sky, as this brings back fond memories of both the Festival and Hogmanay, but my Mum shared a photo with me which made me change my mind.  It was of the laser rainbow beamed from the castle that lit up the sky in March.  I was unfortunately not able to travel home to see it, but I've always loved rainbows, so I was able to combine two of my favourite things.

I nuno felted the background, drew the castle on cotton, crocheted trees for the foreground (first time doing popcorn stitch) and used embroidery thread for the laser.  It came together nicely, even though I ended up doing the nuno felting twice because I wanted a black background for the trees instead of the navy I used the first time.








              










No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.