2021 Suzanne Barr

 Suzanne Barr

Hadleigh

Essex

UK


Hadleigh Castle


I am lucky to live near an old ruined castle which was built in 1215, and overlooks the landing grounds of Vikings from the 9th Century.  There are lovely views over the Thames Estuary, and the castle is also depicted in one of Constable's paintings.  It is now owned by English Heritage and is free and open to the public.  Many people come to the castle to enjoy leisure pursuits such as walking, kite flying and picnics.

I have photographed it during different seasons and times of day, and this Challenge has given me the perfect opportunity to depict it in yarn which I have often wanted to do.  I have used a combination of freeform crochet and freeform knitting.









            







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.