2015 Barbara Wunder Hynes

Barbara Wunder Hynes
Ventura, California USA



My freeform shawl is titled “Down By The Seaside”, inspired by the song by Led Zeppelin. 

The body of the shawl is knit, the edging is crocheted, and the seaweed embellishments are both knit and crocheted, with yarn fringe detailing and real seashells.

I have lived in this southern California beach town for 46 years now, and before that I grew up near the Atlantic Ocean as a child. I have fond memories of the oceans and beaches from throughout my life.

My shawl was created with a wide variety of blue and green yarns, from vintage, commercial, and handspun yarns in my collection. I love combining colors and textures of fibers to create wearable garments inspired by the beauty of nature.

 I photographed my shawl at the beach in Ventura near the pier, at Surfer’s Point.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.