2012 Kesam Katz

Kesam Katz

Eilat,Israel



The falling leaves drift by my window
The falling leaves of red and gold
But I miss you most of all, my darling
When autumn leaves start to fall
(lyrics from the song "Autumn Leaves")

The song Autumn Leaves was written in French in 1945 where it was named Dead Leaves. In the United States the name was changed to Autumn Leaves and made popular in the 1950's by Nat King Cole. Autumn has always been my favorite time of year-I love the crispness in the morning air and the beautiful leaves as far as the eye can see. I remember walking to school on sidewalks made golden by the fallen gold leaves and red maple trees looking as if they were on fire. Today I live in a climate where the leaves on the tree just turn brown and then fall off the tree. But in my mind's eye I still stand outside my house in the mountains of Virginia and Maryland and behold the grandeur of the autumn leaves.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.