2012 Kathie Cureington

Kathie Cureington



Van Gogh, and more explicitly his Starry Night Painting is the art that inspired me. Don McLean's Starry Night music--a tribute to Vincent Van Gogh is the music. They go hand in hand for me. Don sings of swirling clouds in violet hues and of Vincent's eye's china blue. Vincent suffered for his sanity and that suffering and truth is reflected in his paintings. 

I do not suffer...and my sanity seems intact...but, when I step outside the box to do free form, I do understand what the artist has to stand up for....and how he feels he wants to create and move forward no matter who may laugh at the ideas.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.