2020 Rita Summers

Rita Summers
Tasmania, Australia
www.gonerustic.com
Facebook - gonerusticstudiogallery
Instagram - @gonerustic


Crucible

As I trap layers of freeform crochet and eco dyed scrap materials between a stabiliser that ultimately dissolves, never to be seen again, I unconsciously make visual the cycle of loss, fragmentation and the threads that somehow hold us together.

Fragments, scribbled stitch, odd shapes, the seepage of light (interior light) through the gaps - I am only now beginning to realise what it all means.

It is a lost map, a fragile crucible, the intangible becoming tangible. And I have no idea where this journey will lead me.

Materials - silk crochet; naturally dyed silk fabric, teabag paper and yarn; free motion machine stitched.









                                       









1 comment:

  1. What an interesting combination of techniques! I see brilliance growing within guiding future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.