2020 Jo Murphy

Jo Murphy
Taumarunui New Zealand


Opalescent

Brilliance = Gems = Diamonds = Fire Within = Opals

Once I had decided on opals as my inspiration I crocheted free form motifs from homespun wool then wet  felted  them into the background with silk waste.  Once dried, surface elements were crocheted using embroidery floss, and beading added for sparkle.

The original plan was to make a cushion cover but between times working on it I had it draped over my (black) couch and decided it works just as well as an ornamental antimacassar so I left the shape as is and bound the edge with crab stitch.









                                   











1 comment:

  1. Wow, being a rockhound, I especially appreciate your equating gems with brilliance and opals with fire. A gorgeous interpretation of Brilliance -- the Fire Within!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.