2019 Bonnie Prokopowicz

Bonnie Prokopowicz
Oak Park, IL USA
http://prokopowicz.org
Facebook: Bonnie.Prokopowicz

Complementary

As with last year’s challenge, I had a difficult time with this year’s theme. To simplify, I decided to use just one type of fiber: #3 pearl cotton; I had many colors and it would make the project easily portable.
I chose the main colors of the rainbow, but in “off” tones, which I find more interesting than “pure” tones. Further, I decided to limit myself to short rows in the back loop and added black thread to my components to unify them.
I still struggled and I was not being particularly complimentary to myself. And then a little wordplay saved the day: focus on complementary color combinations.











                                     
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.