2019 Bonnie Pierce

Bonnie Pierce
Vancouver, Washington USA
elegantcrochet.com
L8erb@aol.com

Blue and Green SHALL be seen!  

In the 1970’s color combinations were strictly regulated in some circles.  “Blue and green shall never be seen except with yellow in between.”  The EXPO 74 events were held in my hometown of Spokane Washington.  
They voted on the colors for the event, and blue and green were chosen.  
There was an uproar, because they didn’t include yellow!

In my shawl, green and blue are around, without any yellow to be found! 
Is there any such rule for yellow and orange shall never be seen, except with red in between?

I based my shawl on a fun set of yarns from Schmutzerella Yarns that I purchased at the CGOA (Crochet Guild of America) National convention in Portland Oregon.  One of the colorways I used included was “Mrs. Peacock’s Demise”.  I got gradient shades of blues/greens.  Combined with other beautiful yarns of many fibers, the blues and greens blended perfectly!















                                    









No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.