2016 Bonnie Prokopowicz

Bonnie Prokopowicz
Oak Park, IL USA

Illinois Prairie

Having grown up and spent all but my college years in Illinois, the prairie was a natural choice for this year’s challenge. While I don’t see prairies all that often where I live, when I do, I find them to be peaceful and
mesmerizing; they bring visual interest to our flat landscape.
This piece was crocheted from needlepoint yarn, much of which my great aunt gave to me over 35 years ago. I knew I would want to use subtle color blends for this project, and the needlepoint yarn provided a nice means to achieve that, albeit a fairly time-consuming one. I first separated the strands, paired single fine strands of different colors, and then knotted together the double strands before finally taking up my hook.
















1 comment:

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.