2014 Tia M M Hegstad

Tia M.M. Hegstad
from Edinburgh, Scotland, but living in Moss, Norway


Moonlit Meadow

I chose to use blue for my challenge piece, because it has always been my favourite colour.  This time I combined a nuno felted background, with crochet details that I needle felted in place.  I enjoyed making this, and am pleased with the result.

One of my cats, Maisie, made it quite difficult to make this wallhanging.  Whether it was on a table for me to look at while deciding the next step, or on my desk ready for needlefelting, she took to sitting in the middle and curling up for a wee cat nap.  She has long fur, and she’s lucky I didn’t accidentally needle felt her tail into the flower bed.  I couldn’t have done that, because she’s grey, not blue, so I pushed her tail gently out of the way and worked around her.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.