2012 Prudence Mapstone

Prudence Mapstone



'like a wheel within a wheel'


Like a circle in a spiral
Like a wheel within a wheel
Never ending or beginning
On an ever spinning reel
As the images unwind
Like the circles that you find
In the windmills of your mind

Ever since the English version of 'les moulins de mon coeur' became popular after it was used as the theme song for the 1968 film 'The Thomas Crown Affair', it has always been one of those tunes that got stuck in my head whenever I heard it. I often found that it continued to run through my mind for days, often to the point of actually becoming quite annoying as I actually found myself walking along to the beat! 

I had heard 'The Windmills of Your Mind' playing in a shop on the day before the challenge theme was announced...and so, as soon as music was mentioned as part of the theme, it just popped back into my brain again, and kept playing away every time I thought about what I might create ...and so I was forced to just go with the (circular) flow.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.