2011Jude Butterworth

Jude Butterworth
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada


For this challenge I drew my inspiration from Neptune, the god of water and of the sea. My piece is worked in reeled silk the colour of the Mediterranean. Since I chose to work in only one colour I used the texture of many different stitches for a variety of effects. Sharks teeth, shells, fins, aquatic plants, and abandoned fishing nets are some of the motifs that you can find amidst the swirling waters.

I love freeform work. It can be bold or subtle, colourful or monochromatic, but whatever it is, it is always interesting and always unique.

(Photos by my husband, Andrew Shackleton)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.