2009 Jorel Thomson

Jorel Thomson

Menlo Park, CA US




I live in California and here, winter is green, not snowy and white. I got my original inspiration while walking the dog and seeing the discarded Xmas trees but when I started my piece, the trees became dark evergreens, shading into all the various greens the hills become as the rains come. Spring adds the yellows and oranges of wild flowers dotting the green hills, which dry and turn golden as summer arrives.
Spring, to me, is the vivid green and the yellow of sourgrass, wild mustard. Spring is my favorite season when I can sit outside reading and get my feet warmed by the gentle sun. The flowers are blooming, the air is scented and all is well.





.....NEXT.....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.