2007 Barbara Wunder Hynes

Barbara Wunder Hynes

Ventura, CA



I was excited to learn of the four elements challenge, as it reminded me of a chant I know: "The earth, the air, the fire, the water, return return return return." First I made Fire. I pulled my fiery yarns and attempted to make flames. I was pleased with the results. 
Next came Air. I tried to emulate clouds in the sky. Then I pulled yarns for Earth; greens and browns. I did some surface crochet, and I liked the fringey green yarn. Finally, Water. I saved Water for last because I wasn't sure how I wanted to approach it. I decided to try to replicate a ripple in water, like when you throw in a pebble. The oval view of the ripple is from an angle. 


Air



Earth



Fire



Water







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.