2006 Candy Grammel

Candy Grammel
Cincinnati, OH USA


I grew up around needlework of all kinds.  While in high school Iworked at my mother's yarn and needlework shop. After earning a college degree in engineering, I worked in oil exploration and jet engine design until my children needed me to be home. During my time at home, I worked part time as a yarn sales representative covering three states, a product demonstrator for a paint and craft manufacturer that included television work, a teacher/designer at local bead and knitting shops, and an artisan in glass fusing and lampwork. My work has been published in decorating magazines and art glass books and I have been a guest on several "how-to" television shows.

"Fiesta!"

I don't normally work with the colors used in this piece.  I was inspired to think outside the box by looking at the the fibers sent by the participants in the challenge.  The internet conversations and support seemed to be what you might expect at a party of close friends which led to the design and naming of the piece.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.