2006 Barbara Pretzsch

Barbara Pretzsch
Cynthiana, KY USA


As a 65 year old 4H Crochet Leader I am always challenged by the youngsters who want to expand their knowledge. I have made many items just to help these young people through their projects. In the world of crochet I have crocheted items for a designer to picture in her books. I work with a local Warm Up America group assembling lapghans. I have also crocheted many tiny hats, booties, afghans and demise gowns for some hospital's NICUs. Needless to say crochet takes up much of my retirement.


"Challenge One"

For me this was a mega challenge because I was fairly new at freeform crocheting. Therefore 60 Odd..a fiber odyssey was an ambitious undertaking. It was exciting to receive such a great collection of yarns to work with, some that I had never seen before and others I have used and loved. Shuffling the colors, textures and shapes then adding a bead and some buttons to the scrumble was a great delight. The bead was made by my Mom many years ago. It seemed to come together as I worked with it and wallah, there it was!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.