2019 Akua Hope

Akua Lezli Hope


Coloratura


Coloratura is comprised of this spring’s crochet adventures in design: feet, hands, eyes, mouths, embossed dimensional leaves, Tunisian-based leaves, balloons and bubbles. 

Color is a great challenge for me, most of my work is monochrome or at most two colors. This Challenge pushed me to try different color combinations.  

Working in spirals was a first step as I worked with just two at a time and then 4 together.  

As my wardrobe is only black, I cast about for what nonwearable to create.  

The doll form fulfills and extends the dimensionality of her composite parts. 













                                         











No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.