2010 Jorel Thomson

Jorel Thomson

Menlo Park, CA US



Road to Donostia
I’ve always wanted to travel but for various reasons, it hasn’t happened. This year my younger daughter is studying abroad, in Bilbao Spain and I decided I had to take the opportunity to visit her. One day we took the bus from Bilbao to Donostia (San Sebastian) through the mountains to the coast. Pais Vasco inspired me and this is my creation.


The yarn came in a gift bag at one of the Portland Knit & Crochet shows, at which I met in person some of my FF internet friends. I made the house and the leaf buttons in my ceramics class and the sheep beads came from the extensive craft supplies that pack my garage. I used various Tunisian crochet stitches to create the different textures. This piece represents many facets of my world, past, present and future.




                                                                                               




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.