2009 Laurette van der Merwe

Laurette van der Merwe

Somerset West, South Africa




NAMAQUALAND SPRING 
In spring time, not far from where I live, is Namaqualand, known world wide for its beautiful carpets of flowers in the fields that grow wild and attract thousands of visitors every year in September. I have created the front panels of a WAISTCOAT to depict their beauty into a piece of wearable art.




SUMMER SUNSET 

In the summer my husband and I love to go for walks along the beach and watch the sun set behind the mountains. This CUSHION that I have created depicts those special times.




AUTUMN GLORY 
In the autumn, at our home, where we live, there are many trees and of course we are constantly picking up thousands of leaves. This WALL HANGING depicts this wonderful time where there seems to be such a magnificent variety of colour in all the leaves.






A WINTER DREAM 

Where I live we seldom get snow on our mountains, and never on our ground, so with this WALL HANGING I depicted my dream of snow and snowflakes, but also the large amount of rain that we actually do experience every winter, which feeds the ground, so that our spring times are always so beautiful.




.....NEXT.....





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.