2006 Shelby Allaho

Shelby Allaho
Kuwait City, Kuwait
wearcrochet@yahoo.com


I have lived in Kuwait with my husband since 1997, although I am originally from the USA. I have a degree in fashion design and before moving to Kuwait, I worked as an embroidery designer and digitizer.

I was lucky to be taught to crochet by my grandmother who was an avid crocheter. Twenty years later I discovered freeform when I purchased "The Crochet Workbook" and found the International Freeform Group. Since then I haven't stopped scrumbling! I now offer workshops on beginning freeform through the Kuwait Textile Arts Association.


"Undersea Garden"

My inspiration for this piece came from the yarn. So many beautiful colors and textures! I believe the biggest challenge was working with only 5 yards of each. It took a little more planning to obtain a good balance of color and texture, but in the end it all came together as if it was meant to be.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.