2006 Leslie Roth

Leslie Roth
Plantation, FL USA


Born in Brooklyn many years ago, my full time job has been in nonprofit administration and fund development for the past 20 years and at present I am the CEO of the Girl Scout Council in Broward County, Florida. I am the proud (and often tired) Mom of a beautiful 17 year old daughter and married to a wonderful man who is a musician and gifted chef. I collect, buy and sell vintage collectible jewelry and have just started crocheting wire jewelry.


After taking a 20 year hiatus from crochet, I found the Freeform Crochet group and walked in just as the challenge was starting…what the heck, I thought, I did freeform (or something like it) 20 years ago after devouring Del Pitt Feldman books. I can do this, I thought. And I did do it…not without lots of ripping out, wishing there was more red yarn, holding my piece upside down and backward, and wondering just how I was going to get this square to square out. (It didn’t actually, but that’s freeform!) I loved doing this, but more than the crocheting, being a part of this wonderful, encouraging group of artists was the most fun and satisfying for me. Thanks to all the other “odds.”








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.