2010 Kathie Cureington

Kathie Cureington

Alabama, US






Winter was gloomy and unseasonably cold

It made me feel tired and empty and old

I struggled and muttered and fiddled and puttered

Not a purl or a treble seemed right
Not a yarn in my color way was looking so bright

Then the Challenge was called and I perked up my ears
Somewhere in My World is the theme for this year
I grabbed up a basket and started to choose
By textures and colors by shade  and by hue
Pinks, greens, yellows and heavenly blues

I started to chain and to bullion and such
My mood it was suddenly changing so much
My face lit up with a smile --scrumbling had not been fun for a while
They blossomed like springtime with a plan of their own
As happens when you freeform in the zone

In my world- grew a pastel delight
All things about it seem pleasantly right
It has no name or no reason -- but it does fit the season
Of springtime in bloom and it brightens my room
I'm so happy to give you a look, here on the page of this book.





     







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.