2014 Suzanne Barr

Suzanne Barr
Hadleigh, Essex, UK


Seventeen Shades of Grey

I found this year's theme both challenging and enjoyable.  As I usually wear a lot of black and grey the colour was an easy choice for me and the grey won.  I was also pleased that I managed to use mostly yarns from my stash, and when I counted them up I found I had used seventeen different shades of grey.  

The original idea in my head was to make a waterfall-style waistcoat (vest), inspired by seeing some fabulous waterfalls cascading down the mountains whilst passing through the Swiss Alps recently on my way to a wonderful holiday in Italy.  However, the waistcoat did not turn out as I had planned and I was not happy with the final result; so with a few changes along the way it finally metamorphosed into this asymmetrical poncho instead.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.