2014 Jorel Thomson

Jorel Thomson


Sunshine Sits Softly

Some years our Challenge theme does not inspire me to create, but this year, I love the constraints of the One Color theme. Looking through my stash, sorting colors, feeling yarns, grouping them and moving on….A gold single ply yarn called out to me (of course, I can’t identify it, I always lose yarn bands) and other yellows joined it.

Yellow says sun, sunshine to me. The title combines some song lyrics that flit through my mind. I usually prefer to work my FF as a single piece -- I do not like sewing bits together – but this piece became a sampler of stitches and techniques. I was stuck for a while and then remembered a class I took with Valentina Devine and incorporated more knitting into the work. I am very happy with how this capelet turned out.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.