2010 Bonnie Prokopowicz

Bonnie Prokopowicz

Oak Park, IL US




Ocean Bay 



 Practicality and curiosity initially inspired this piece.  I wanted a portable project using many colors: this led me to choose #3 pearl cotton threads.  I also wanted to experiment with a fabric from interconnected crochet rings: I would make my entire piece of rings.  I decided on these aspects before the theme of the challenge was announced.  The nature theme and the texture of interconnected rings led me to water: the movement of waves is echoed in the flexibility and texture of the fabric.  And water is interconnected with everything in our world.  I began with the water and planned to make a strip of water with a beach of rings, but then I went on a beach vacation: the sand wasn't ring-y, and the bay was glorious!   Plans are made to be changed.





                                                                                      








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.