2007 Claudia Dunitz

Claudia Dunitz

Chestnut Ridge, NY USA




When I first heard about this challenge, I thought; the four elements? This is going to be a cinch! I couldn’t have been farther from the truth. The more I thought about the elements, what they meant, and their impact upon my life, the prospect of creating them became inexplicably complex. Finally, in desperation as the deadline drew near, I just picked up the hook. The four scrumbles that emerged are nothing like what I envisioned them to be originally, which often happens in my freeform.

I am currently working in circles, literally as well as figuratively and so many of my themes are based on circles or spirals as is evident in Air and Earth. With Water, I saw the lines of the waves as they approach the shore. For Fire, I saw confusion, and the colors that can reveal themselves in the flames.

Claudia Dunitz lives in New York and has two daughters and two granddaughters. Her company makes natural skin care products she developed herself. She has been involved in various arts and crafts for over 30 years and has had a stained glass studio, painted in oils and decorated custom cakes. Currently, she works in flour, glass and fiber and spends most of her free time creating Freeform bags.


Air



Earth



Fire



Water









No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.